Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Sweet, Wonderful President Hinckley...

Most of you may have already heard of the passing of our prophet President Gordan B. Hinckley. I came out of Landon's room after putting him to bed to hear Kenny say, President Hinckley died about an hour ago at 7:00. A sense of sadness came over me when I thought of what a wonderful man we are losing here on this earth, but then I was overcome with this peace knowing he is now wrapping his arms around his sweet, eternal companion. What a sweet moment in heaven tonight as I am sure he was greeted by many, many wonderful people who have already passed on, not to mention our Savior, and glorious Father in Heaven. I admired him for all his service and wonderful spirit he always had when he spoke. What an honor to have lived on this earth while he was leader of this wonderful church. As I sit tonight with maybe a few tears on my cheeks, my testimony of the plan by our gracious Heavenly Father has grown to a new compacity. For some reason this just really hit home for me. I hope that his family is able to find comfort in his passing by all the wonderful things he brought, not only to the church, but also to the world. Until we meet again.

6 comments:

carlyl said...

He was wonderful wasn't he? Thanks for posting that awesome clip Maegs.

Missy said...

Such a powerful man. We love our sweet prophet

Jan said...

Maegs, that is such an amazing post! You just cannot help feel the spirit when watching him. He will be remembered and missed!

Erica said...

That was really great! You couldn't have said it any better and your video clip was perfect! Thanks!

cjanddiane said...

I know, he was so great. I am so glad I got to be in his physical presence one last time at the RS broadcast a few months back. This news is very bittersweet. Thanks for the beautiful slide show.

Brenda said...

Wow Maeg, you should be a professional writer in your spare time (I know, what spare time). Seriously, eventhough I don't attend the LDS church anymore, I still respected Pres. Hinkley. Very nice sediments.

Oh, and I love your page. I have a lot to learn from you.

Love,
Brenda